Monday, May 9, 2011

Summer Vacation Has Come to an End

I was never one of those kids who looked forward to going back to school at the end of the summer. As far as I was concerned, my real life was summer vacation and the school year was just some horrible nightmare that took 10 months from which to awaken.

And so things have not changed in my adulthood.  I went part-time at my job May 2008, left in August and have only worked sporadically and part-time ever since.  Mentally and emotionally this suits me just fine! Financially, no so much.

When I did finally start looking for full-time employment, it wasn't to be had. Still isn't. However, thankfully, I did start what appears to be a long-term temporary assignment - Mon - Fri 9 -5:30pm (only a half-hour for lunch). So just as the student population can practically taste the wonderful idleness of summer vacation. I'm back in the trenches.  Well, at least I do sit near a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment